Valve has released yet another update for Dota 2. This unexpected update brings a massive number of features to the game. This patch ships are huge number of bug fixes with the new heroes (Gryocopter, Phantom Assassin and Chaos Knight) and they are now added in Captain’s Mode.
The user interface and hero selector once again received an overhaul. Now you can design (drag n drop) the hero grid view according to your needs and share it with your friends. The customize option has been added there in case you need to switch items.
The Aghanim Scepter item tooltip has been improved a lot, it now shows Scepter upgrade cooldown/duration on applicable heroes. The Dota 2 bots have also received some tweaks, Chaos knight bot has been added. Valve is continuously improving/updating Dota 2 to attract other genre players, hopefully they do so. You can read Dota 2 June 14 patch notes below:
– Added Chaos Knight, Phantom Assassin and Gyrocopter to Captain’s Mode
– Alchemist: Fixed Acid Spray killing couriers.
– Chaos Knight: Fixed some bugs with the Illusion spawn positions with Phantasm.
– Chaos Knight: Fixed Reality Rift ignoring Linken’s Sphere.
– Chaos Knight: Fixed getting stuck with your illusions sometimes
– Clockwerk: Fixed units not always getting sucked into Power Cogs properly.
– Clockwerk: Fixed Hookshot stunning dead units.
– Dark Seer: Fixed Ion Shell showing the visual connecting effect on invisible targets.
– Doom Bringer: Fixed sometimes not gaining passive bonuses when devouring a neutral.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon not attacking magic immune units.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Rocket Barrage not hitting Roshan.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Homing Missle portrait name.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon not hitting ancients.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Homing Missle ignoring Linken’s Sphere.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Call Down not providing vision over its area.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Homing Missile not keeping vision around the area when it impacts a unit.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Rocket Barrage not hurting mechanical units.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon not hurting Mechanical units.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon having cast time.
– Gyrocopter: Fixed creeps hurting Homing Missile.
– Mirana: Fixed Leap buff being dispelled by BKB/Repel.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Phantom Strike landing position.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Coup de Grace visual effect to play only when the critical strike attack lands.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Coup de Grace working on denies and wards.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Phantom Strike facing direction after landing.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Blur showing hero name on minimap when it should be hidden.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Blink Strike not being blocked by Linken’s Sphere.
– Phantom Assassin: Phantom Strike now shows you a buff icon while you are attacking fast.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Stifling Dagger being dodgeable.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Phantom Strike visual and sound effect sometimes playing on targets it can’t hit.
– Phantom Assassin: Fixed Phantom Strike attacks sometimes being delayed.
– Pugna: Fixed Nether Ward not draining mana from enemies.
– Venomancer: Fixed Aghanim’s Scepter not upgrading Poison Nova duration.
– Fixed Hand of Midas giving too little XP when there are nearby allies around.
– Fixed Hand of Midas XP bounty being halved against dominated units.
– Fixed a case where a courier trying to deliver a Divine Rapier to someone without sufficient item slots could result in the Rapier disappearing.
– Added click and drag to rotate the Hero Model in the loadout panel.
– Hero-like units now draw a larger distinct icon on the minimap.
– Team Names now show up on the recent games panel.
– Added an “Inspect Hero” option to the right-click menu for player names in the scoreboard. This will show what items they have equipped.
– Buying Aghanim’s Scepter now upgrades the ability tooltip with the new information. If you find anything missing or incorrect, please report it to the tooltip forum.
– The store/inventory Aghanim’s Scepter tooltip will now show a preview of what it does for your hero.
– Fixed glitchiness in the End Game cinematic camera.
– Added an edit mode to the in-game full deck layout.
– Added a concept of selection to the Grid View, and used it to implement a pick button.
– Added the ability to import and export custom full deck layouts
– Leaving the loadout will return you to Grid View if you were in it.
– Fixed a bug where you could not see the right hero in your loadout after you picked.
– Fixed legacy mode heroes being sorted differently than the learn tab/Dota 1.
– Legacy full deck cards are now simply the portrait, without the card treatment.
– Added Back to Browsing & Back to Loadout buttons. After you pick, you can now return to browsing to suggest / learn heroes.
– Fixed suggest button not being visible in grid view, and implemented suggestion there.
– Fixed grid view selection outline not updating when you clicked on a suggested hero.
– No longer force the selector to switch to the turntable if you’re at grid view and want to select a hero for any reason.
– Having no heroes matching the filters/search bar no longer kicks you out of grid view, instead showing you the same “No Heroes” message box as turntable mode.
– Fixed the grid view crashing if there were no matching heroes.
– Fixed the “No Heroes” message not being centered in widescreen.
DOTA 2 BOTS
– Added Chaos Knight bot.
– Made bots more likely to unify around a Roshan attempt.
– Added bot role/laning info for all heroes, which should make for better hero and lane picks.
– On Easy and Easier, bots will no longer consider whether a target is currently slowed when determining whether to slow/stun.
– Bots are now more likely to push late-game when they are feeling indecisive. [/spoiler]
To receive this via auto-update, Restart your Steam client. If you encounter any bugs/errors in Dota 2. Please report to Dota 2 Dev forums.