Valve has finally broke their curse and released a patch containing a new hero, Bristleback (Rigwarl) in Dota 2. He’s a Radiant strength hero mostly known for his tanking and anti-tank abilities. This week’s update adds store items; Anuxi Treasure Chest, Treasure key of Cursed Wood and Shaper Divine, Captain Bamboo and Snail Courier, New model for Vengeful spirit and most importantly Steam friends can be added/removed within Dota 2. There has been a lot of improvements making its way into the game, we hope that the remaining dozen heroes come out soon.
Screenshots of this update:
Dota 2 Patch Notes (28th March, 2013):
[spoiler]- Added Dota 2 Bristleback!
– Broodmother: Fixed Insatiable Hunger cooldown on level 1 and 3.
– Dragon Knight: Fixed Dragon Blood armor bonus not carrying over to Illusions.
– Dragon Knight: Fixed Elder Dragon Form frost slow getting dispelled when target initially becomes Magic Immune.
– Doom: Fixed Doom damage being blocked by Pipe.
– Enchantress: Fixed Nature’s Attendants lasting 1 second less than intended.
– Huskar: Fixed Life Break leap moving too fast.
– Magnus: Fixed Shockwave hitting units behind you.
– Mirana: Fixed Mirana’s Leap range being slightly too short.
– Nyx Assassin: Fixed Impale traveling too far.
– Phantom Lancer: Fixed being able to have 1 juxtapose illusion too many
– Razor: Fixed Static Link break range being 25 too short.
– Shadow Shaman: Fixed Shackles doing a little less damage than intended.
– Slark: Fixed Pounce not initiating an attack order on the leashed target.
– Templar Assassin: Fixed Meld buff getting dispelled.
– Visage: Fixed Familiars not getting affected by Chronosphere.
– Weaver: Fixed being The Swarm units being unable to Latch onto sleeping units.
– Weaver: Fixed The Swarm getting permanently dispelled if the enemy is invulnerable .
– Weaver: Fixed the Swarm units not doing their initial attack immediately upon latching.
– Added Psuedo Random chance for Roshan’s Bash.
– Fixed Eye of Skadi frost slow getting dispelled when target initially becomes Magic Immune.
– Fixed Diffusal Blade proccing multiple damage instances.
– Fixed heroes flickering on the minimap when walking by Sentry Wards while under Smoke of Deceit.
– Pausing in a practice or tournament game now prevents the team that paused from querying units, moving the camera or accessing the shop.
– Added ability and item notes, detailed tooltips that will display only if ALT is pressed.
– Adjusted Replay Highlight scene leadin time a bit.
– Arcane Boots now has ‘mana’ as a shop alias.
– Wisp name change to Io.
– Added 10 second rewind button to replay controls.
– Spectator Items panel now takes up less space and shows items ordered by value.
– Steam friends can be added, removed, and friendship requests confirmed/ignored from within Dota 2.
– New Vengeful Spirit model.
– Added in-game models for when the following items are dropped from inventory into the world: Gem of True Sight, Observer Wards, and Sentry Wards.
– Added Bounty Hunter bot.
– Significantly revised how Roam mode works.
– Revised Beastmaster’s voice.
DOTA 2 STORE
– Added the Treasure Key of the Cursed Wood and the Treasure Key of the Shaper Divine.
– Several old keys have returned to the store along with a very low drop rate for some older community chests.
– The current set of community crates will no longer expire, but their drop rate will be decreased over time and their rarity increased over time.
– Added new sets for Brewmaster, Lich, Riki, Juggernaut, Beastmaster, and Spectre.
– Added a couple new couriers![/spoiler]
This week’s update is sized around 500~ MB depending on the region of your Dota 2 client. Restart the Steam client and Dota 2 launcher to receive the automatic update. You might not be able to play/spectate games when update is being rolled out.