Yet another weekly update without any new heroes or big features. Valve once again focuses on bug fixes, UI improvements and computer controlled players (AI). Bot for Lion and Omniknight has been added. Local games will not be automatically resumed from now on. The only cool feature in this update is, 3D item models for Dust of Apperance, Divine Raiper, Boots and consumables. You can read patch notes for more details.
Dota 2 Patch Notes (2013/03/14):
GAMEPLAY / GENERAL
- Clinkz: Fixed Death Pact healing Clinkz under Ice Blast debuff.
- Gyrocopter: Fixed Flak Cannon killing couriers.
- Sniper: Fixed Headshot not working on units like Spirit Bear, Warlock’s Golem, etc.
- Sniper: Fixed Shrapnel doing slightly less damage than intended to towers.
- Sniper: Fixed Headshot’s physical damage bonus being blocked by Magic Immunity.
- Spectre: Added a short grace period to walking off the Spectral Dagger path before collision is restored.
- Spiritbreaker: Fixed Magic Immune units being ignored by the AOE greater bash procs from Charge of Darkness and Scepter Nether Strike.
- Tusk: Fixed some cases where Ice Shards could get units stuck.
- Visage: Fixed a number of incorrect spell interactions with Familiars.
- Wisp: Fixed Tether sometimes ending prematurely if Relocate was cast before Tether.
- Wisp: Fixed Relocating units sometimes walking away to do a previous behavior.
- Fixed Roshan’s aoe Slam damage type being physical rather than magical (and thus hurting Familiars).
- Fixed creeps and neutrals sometimes not responding to long range spells.
- Fixed Blink Dagger selfcast to work consistently.
- Fixed Cheese not having a cooldown.
- Fixed Cheese not stacking in inventory.
- Enabled Timbersaw in Captain’s Mode in Latest Version (Tournament Version next week).
- Local games are no longer automatically unpaused.
- Added sound effects to the Dashboard.
- Added sound effects for various Tiny deaths.
- Updated Mjollnir sound effect.
- Updated Maelstrom sound effect.
- Items held by the courier are now included in a player’s Net Worth.
- Fixed the sorting of Teams List under the Community tab.
- Fixed courier and ward previewing in the backpack.
- Fixed the scrollbar being hidden when a schedule had a full page of tournaments in a single month.
- Live games list now displays the game mode.
- Fiery Soul of the Slayer’s custom minimap icon only draws for the player that owns the item.
- Repositioned end game survey to not block the chat.
- Teams that haven’t played a team matchmaking game in the last 7 days will now show up as being “inactive” in WebAPI calls.
- Improved performance of chat channels in the Dashboard.
- Revised overhead Soul Assumption indicator.
- Fixed Smoke of Deceit AOE visual effect showing for enemies if the caster is hidden
- Added ingame models for when the following items are dropped from inventory into the world: Divine Rapier, Healing Salve, Clarity, Dust of Appearance, Bottle, and Boots of Speed.
- Added Lion bot.
- Added Omniknight bot.
- Made a number of adjustments to loadouts and builds based on community feedback.
- Bots now know how to use Rod of Atos, Tranquil Boots, Abyssal Blade, Heaven’s Halberd, and Veil of Dischord.
- Bots will no longer go to the Side Shop with a full inventory if they aren’t willing to sell anything.
- Generic summoned units (Necro units, Illusions, etc) now have basic bot AIs, so they can act independently from their owner.
- Fixed bots interrupting their teleports.
- Bots will be less aggressive when they have stacks of Sticky Napalm on them.
- Bots will now only use Refresher Orb if they want to cast big ticket abilities.
- Fixed Witch Doctor bot spamtoggling Voodoo Restoration when he simply wanted to activate it.
- Witch Doctor is less likely to use Death Ward on units that are about to die anyways.
- Bots now establish their lanes at 0:15 (changed from 0:30), which makes jungling the initial creep spawn eaiser without confusing them about what lane you’re in.
- Bots will no longer go for runes that may or may not be there if it’s been a while since their spawn time.
- When there are no wards up, bots are now smarter about only warding the closer rune location.
- Added general support for importing any Ability/Spell related model. Currently just supporting Beastmaster Boars.
- Reworked the “View My Submissions” page to better handle a large number of submissions (sorting/pagination/bug fixes).
- Fixed submission preview images not being set correctly.
- Fixed a bug where updating an existing submission could set incorrect tags on the submission.
- Disabled the Workshop in the Test client to prevent confusion.
You must restart your Dota 2 Client / Test Client in order to receive this update. It will take some to update/install depending on your internet speed.