The 2nd patch of year 2013 arrives for Dota 2 in the Steam Client. This weeks patch adds an Radiant most awaited agility carry hero Medusa (also known as Gorgon in WC3 Dota and some random bug fixes/UI changes. Also, The Dota 2 guide section has been added on community. Looks like the update scene is back on track, hopefully we’ll be seeing Troll Warlord in game next week.
Dota 2 Patch Notes (1/10/2013):
– Witch Doctor: Fixed Aghanim’s Death Ward attacking Familiars and other psuedo heroes.
– Doom: Scorched Earth now only applies damage from Doom himself, not all the units affected by his aura.
– Pudge: Fixed being able to get units stuck using Refresher.
– Keeper of the Light: Fixed Recall interaction with non-hero units.
– Added a Haste button to the courier HUD element.
– Added Mid Only game mode for private lobbies (disables other lanes and allows the same hero to be selected).
– The Announcer Share dialog has been replaced with a Shared Content dialog.
– Added a badge to the top bar to count the available shared items.
– If shared content is available in a game, a message is now printed pregame.
– Added Balanced Shuffle button to non-tournament private lobbies.
– Added All Chat private lobby option for enabling voice chat among all players.
– Fixed “Equip” appearing in the right click menu for some chests.
– Fixed hearing the wrong announcer after equipping a new item in the loadout.
– Fixed bugs with muting cobroadcasters causing other sounds to be muted.
– The bots are now less likely to push with more heroes than what they deem necessary (less 5-man Dota). Probably needs some tuning.
– Made bots slightly less self-concerned when considering defending an ally. Also made them more likely to jump in if they have a slow or stun.
– Bots that are capable of jungling during the laning phase may now do so.
– If purchasing an item from the secret shop would complete an item, desire for going there is now increased.
– When their next item is purchasable, their desire to farm is significantly reduced.
– Fixed bad tuning that was causing bots to almost never farm lanes.
– Improved bot responsiveness to pings on Roshan.
– Bots are now less likely to assume that humans will purchase wards.
Please restart your Steam client/Dota 2 to receive this via auto-update. You are not be allowed to enter in player matchmaking unless you update to the latest patch.