After a long vacations break, Valve employees got into their true form and released a nice patch update for Dota 2 adding a new intelligence hero, Skywrath Mage. Other than that, it brings a most awaited reporting system for verbal communication, now abusive/swearing players can now easily be reported. A few visuals such as Gem of True Sigt, Rikimaru’s Model and Sniper’s animations have been updated including some crappy bug-fixes. Finally, you can get your hands on Dragonus, Skywrath Mage and harass your opponents in the lanes!
Here are some screens from the recent patch update:
Dota 2 Patch Notes (18th April, 2013):
– Added Skywrath Mage!
– Added stricter system implementing communication (voice and text) bans for abusive players.
– Combined voice and text reports into a single ‘communication’ report.
– Reduced reports per week to 4.
– Removed ability for spectators to report players in-game.
– Reports now allow single selection of behavior type only.
– Beastmaster: Fixed Wild Axes losing vision after the second cast.
– Doom: Scorched Earth now shows its duration on the buff icon.
– Lich: Fixed Frost Armor auto-casting while Lich is channeling.
– Magnus: Fixed a rare crash involving Skewer.
– Slardar: Fixed Slithereen Crush not slowing attack speed.
– Spectre: Fixed Haunt illusions moving while out of the game.
– Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain travelling too fast.
– Timbersaw: Fixed Timberchain not latching quite far enough.
– Tusk: Fixed Tusk not issuing an attack order on the snowballed unit after the snowball crashes.
– Enabled Drow and Tusk to Captain’s Mode (Tournament Version next week)
– Added tab to the Watch section showing downloaded replay files.
– Riki: Added Smoke Screen and Blink Strike animations.
– Sniper: Added victory animations and more aggressive posing of idle, run and attack when enemy is in range.
– Bots now know to avoid standing in Macropyre and Ice Path.
– Added a button to the preview that allows you to test your imported model in-game, in a local server. [/spoiler]
This weeks update is size around 200 MegaBytes and will take time depending on the load of Valve’s servers and your connection speed. Dota 2 is certainly improving as the time passes. Soon, we’ll see Dota 2 on Mac OS and Linux. Hopefully, they also bring FPS fix for Nvidia graphics cards and optimizes the game for lower-end PC’s so more users can enjoy the gameplay experience.
PS: Before proceeding with patch update, make sure your Dota 2 is closed, if automatic update doesn’t work, restart your Steam client.