Valve has finally released the Dota 2 Test client build in the recent patch. From now on, they have made two different builds of game, Dota 2 Test Build and Dota 2 Main Build. Everyone should see them in their Steam Games Library. All the incomplete features will remain in Dota 2 Test Build for a week, after that new changes will be implemented in Dota 2 Main Build. So, if you’re interested to see what’s Valve cooking, You can play in Dota 2 test client anytime.
DOTA 2 Test Build Patch Notes:
– Added Bane!
– Added Co-op matchmaking games versus bots.
– Fixed bug with kill credit when illusions get the kill.
– Charge of Darkness and Wrath of Nature no longer alert the target to attack the caster if the target is far away.
– Fixed Mekansm not healing you if it activated right after you come out of Astral Imprisonment.
– Fixed bug with Astral Imprisonment disappearing from invisible units.
– Fixed Essence Aura triggering on zero cooldown spells (like Ball Lightning).
– Fixed being able to trigger Essence Aura with Toss when there are no valid targets to Toss
– Enabled Outworld Destroyer in Captain’s Mode.
– Restored previous Blink double click behavior.
– Fixed Courier Speed Burst canceling Transfer Items.
– Fixed dragging an item from the courier to a hero’s inventory not combining an item properly.
– Fixed some audio settings are not saving correctly (speech level, background sound, boostgain).
– Selling items no longer factors into gold-per-minute.
– Added an option to autoselect summoned units and illusions to the game settings.
– Fixed bug with camera jumping up and down when moving the mouse in the minimap while in spectator chase cam.
– Fixed bug with moving the camera and creating selection windows while in spectator chase cam.
– Fixed bug with some heroes having their Ultimate fire when ALT-TAB (or Windows key hit).
– Fixed some game interface settings not saving.
– Fixed bug where having legacy selected at load wasn’t disabling the hero, courier, and neutral binds.
– Added specular, texture quality, and render quality to video settings as performance trade-offs
– Various improvements to unit selection/targeting feedback
– Increased maximum number of people in each chat channel.
– Accepting a game invite via Steam will join that person’s party.
– Ignore/unignore options now shown for friends in the main menu.
– Added a number of aura effects.
– Fixed Tiny’s tree not being properly equipped in his stone grip.
– Fixed an issue where hero movement would stutter on some network connections.
– Added rival death-taunts and other miscellaneous lines to flesh out dialog set for Sand King.
– Made bots want to pick up Cheese with the same rules that they use for picking up Aegis and Rapier.
– Improved bot last-hit logic.
– Bots will now deny using the same logic they use for last-hitting.
– Bots now last-hit and deny while farming a lane, just as they do during the laning phase.
– Fixed issues with loadouts of Bane, Kunkka, and Sniper.
– Fixed bugs with bots geting stuck trying to purchase an item, failing to purchase an item, or dumping items on the ground due to a full stash.
– Bots will stop farming just for buyback when they have 1.5x their current buyback cost.
– If a bot’s stash is completely full, they are now more likely to pick their stuff up regardless of its value.
When you play via test-client, You will experience new heroes, bugs and many other changes which are not implemented in Dota 2 main build, so don’t rage. Currently, There are limited servers slots for Dota 2 Test client, You might have to wait in queue to get in!