A lot of Dota 2 players are having a issues while spectating/watching live matches. Whenever you try to spectate a game it gives “Your map differs from the server. Update your game.” error even though your Dota 2 client is fully updated and Steam doesn’t update it after restart. Don’t worry, there’s a small fix for this problem!
How to fix “Your map differs from the server” Dota 2:
• Go to “C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\maps” directory. Delete everything in that folder.
• Go to Steam settings, Downloads + Cloud tab, change the download location to US – Seattle.
1. Launch Steam client and login your account.
2. Now go to the games library and right-click Dota 2, select properties.
3. Then, Go to Local Files tab, click “Verify integrity of game-cache”
4. Wait until the verification is done.
5. Once, it’s done, restart your Steam/Dota 2, it will start updating automatically.
Note: This fix will also work, if you are having graphic problems for e.g. Missing models, video artifacts etc.